Having many friends is (almost) useless. What's more important is having friends who not only cherish the happy times with you, but will also stay no matter how hard you are to handle when you are all messed up.
You may meet them once a year or more, without much communication in between, but when you finally meet again, it seems like nothing has change, as if it was only yesterday that you and them had a fruitful chat.
Was glad that I was able to reconnect with one of my very few (best)friends yesterday.
K: I've been doing much of the talking tonight. So, let's hear what's up with you now. Any stories?
Me: Nope...not many stories to share, unfortunately.
K: Oh come on...it's been so long, there must be stories!
Me: Nah, even if there is, most are negative ones. Not worth sharing.
K: It's ok! You know what, you need to let go of the negative things in you, in order to be positive again.
Me: But, I don't want you to be a punch bag!
K: There is no such thing la, that's why we have friends. I've also learnt things from what ever you've told me before this.
Friends like this one I tell you, is a gift from God. You don't need 5000 friends on Facebook or 200 people in your class if you have this one. Shoutout to another two of my favourite buddy, Labi and Nyuk ;) Thank you for always being there for each other.
"To learn more things, you need to unlearn." So I was told yesterday.
I pray that the wedding plan goes smoothly between you and your partner. Both of you are wonderful people although I have not met your girl in person :)
No comments:
Post a Comment