Last Friday, as I was walking to hospital from home, a Chinese-looking female in a brown CC Volkswagen honked me. I turned to her, she pulled down her window screen and asked; "Are you Amy?"
I was already late to hospital plus having stomach ache with a bit of diarrhoea before that and feeling a bit cranky and my brain was like..'AMY WHO??'
Then I told the lady no, I'm not Amy. Then she asked further, "Do you want me to drop you in front of the hospital?". I was wearing my lab coat, I guess she figured out I'm heading there.
Without much thinking, I said yes and crossed the road and entered her car.
Ms X: I thought you were Amy. There's this one Malay girl, she's an MO who lives in XXXX Road. I always drop her by if I see her walking to hospital. You looked a lot like her from behind.
Me: oh I see...where do you live?
Ms X: I live in XXXX Apartment.
Me: ooo..I live in apartment next door. What's your name?
Ms X: ohh I'm MC, and you are? *offered a handshake*
Me: I'm Nisa.
Ms X: Nice to meet you.
Me: Nice to meet you too. That was so random haha.
Ms X: It's okay, I always use this road on my way to office everyday.
And then we arrived in front of hospital entrance. I thanked her and off she go.
On my way to ward, I was like...whoaaa..that was so random! Random kindness on a Friday morning. Terus rasa ala-ala rezeki and berkat hari Jumaat gittew lololol. But then, when I re-think about it, how come laa I was so berani saying yes to a total stranger. What if she kidnap me and sell me in Thailand and what not. Oh well, I guess sometimes we just have to trust our instinct :p
Oh btw, it turned out that my fever, headache, stomach discomfort and bouts of diarrhoea since last Wednesday was because of Acute Gastroenteritis. Was given 2 days off by a GP yesterday. Haa..I don't think I'll be eating in those stalls behind hospital in these few weeks after getting that. And maybe I should start cooking my own meal. Em. Maybe not. haha
No comments:
Post a Comment