On my way back to ED (walking), I saw an old man sitting down with his crutches, almost in the middle of the road. I thought he was another beggar by the roadside. But something does not seem so right. Him being there has caused quite a traffic. I also noticed his elbow was bleeding. There were so many people around that area but all they did was stare at that poor man.
I decided to go to him and ask what's wrong. He kept on pointing at Farsal mamak stall and uttered "Kopi! Kopi!"; in a Chinese slang. I told him to get up and move aside first because he's blocking the road. But apparently he couldn't move. So I tried to pull him up by myself. Again people just stare! OMG, Malaysian!! Only when they saw I was incapable of lifting that poor man, then a Chinese guy on his motorbike and another Malay lady and a guy came to help me lift him up so that he can cross the road. I don't know what's actually wrong with him, but he had circumduction gait.
That poor old man just wanted to have coffee, fell on the ground but people just stare. And this happened in the vicinity of a freakin hospital. Ironically, we Malaysian always brag about our culture being polite, helpful, friendly and all. All that claim can just go to drain.
Sick society.
No comments:
Post a Comment