Thursday, November 26, 2015

Updates


This space has been dormant for the longest time; I’m considering shutting it down. But…for old times’ sake, I will leave it to exist. Lots of major event has happened since my last post, all of which I am grateful for, Alhamdulillah.
GRADUATED. Finally completed my undergraduate study. I somehow feel I don’t deserve it (those who did not pass will kill me for being ungrateful) since there are lots of things I haven’t covered. BUT, final professional exam has a lot to do more with your luck. I know some of those who did not pass who are actually way better than me, but luck is just not on their side. I am lucky enough to get basic cases; AEBA (acute exacerbation of bronchial asthma) for Medicine long case and Incisional Hernia for Surgical long case. And the nicely proportioned assessments with huge carry marks have reduced the burden of studying for General Practice Final Examination. And of course, lots and lots of doa from people loved ones. Will talk more about my FPE journey in another post.





RELATIONSHIP. It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions this year. Nope. Not only this year. But we have the right to decide what we feel is best for ourselves. We all deserve the love we think we deserve.



HEALTH. I have probably never disclosed this publicly, but I have been on CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) over the last 1 year in medical school for anxiety. It’s not as bad as it sounds but trust me, it happens to a lot of us. Anxiety runs in my family anyway. You just need to be brave enough to accept that you are sick and you need help; or forever stay in that dark bottomless hole. The decision to meet Ms Sara (Clinical Psychologist) is the best decision I have ever made for myself. She has been so kind, patient and understanding. Alhamdulillah, I am now in a much better shape, much better person.










HEALTH. While busy with houses chores these last few months, I’ve ‘managed’ to get a subluxed shoulder joint (after transferring a heavy flower vase). Also, I am currently on physiotherapy for unidentified cause of crepitus, stiffness and mild pain in my knee.




FRIENDS. I haven’t been a good one, I admit that. I am that selfish friend who loves being alone and finds it tiring to upkeep with people on daily basis. I especially hate texting, whatsapp, phone calls etc unless it’s urgent. My idea of catching up is to sit in a coffee shop and talk for hours and then let’s not meet up again until next few months or even years. Not some fake ‘haha’ or ‘LOL’ smiley through whatsapp. But some people may find my attitude inappropriate. But I respect those who are able to keep in contact on daily basis. I just, can’t. To you-know-who-you-are, I’m sorry; I’ll make it up to you.








WORK. Will start my 2 years housemanship training in 2 weeks’ time. Goodbye 8 hours of beauty sleep. It’s definitely gonna be tough, but somehow I really look forward to it.










All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment