If I were to pick my favourite life chapter thus far, it'll be the year 2010-2015. I grew tremendously (to my own key indicator); emotionally, spiritually and physically.
Yes, there were so many ups and downs at that time - failures, heartbreaks, arguments, friendship; but I came out each of it stronger.
It was a time I was away from home, thousands miles away crossing continents. It was a time I live in a foreign land which later I call home. It was a time I challenged myself (so many times) to be out of my shell. Apart from trying to survive medical school, I pushed myself to be active in college, joining societies and be part of the committee, organising events and what not.
But one thing I will forever be proud of myself is the moment I challenged myself to take up fencing. Basically, I was the only Malaysian, the only one with headscarf. Slowly, I made my way up, step by step and finally represented UCD for intervarsities.
After medical school, my growth graph just started to go down. It is sad, really. Life is all about work and I started loosing touch with people. I was browsing old albums just now and glanced through memories I made during my favourite chapter.
I can sit all day and reminisce about the good old days, but it's not gonna help with the present unless I start to make changes. I've done it once, I can therefore do it again.
Forrest Gump: "That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going."
No comments:
Post a Comment